Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Amsterdam

 I went to Amsterdam about 2 weekends ago but my life has been a little hectic lately so I'm just now posting my pictures! I loved Amsterdam. The food was great, the people were so friendly and it was just a beautiful place to be. It was a very relaxed trip minus the part where I lost phone-less Nika. Luckily I found her and her friend Olivia at the hostel. We went to the Van Gogh Museum which was really nice. Out of all the exhibits I've seen the Felix Vallotton exhibit in the Van Gogh Museum has been probably my favorite. The next day we woke up early and took a bus to Keukenhof which is the big tulip garden right outside Amsterdam. We spent close to 3 hours walking around. It was perfect weather and the flowers were beautiful. We had some coffee and lunch in a little outside market and then walked around in the Vondelpark  which was also huge. We later took a red light district tour which was really interesting. They explained how the district is run and what what to expect from each neighborhood. Overall it was a really nice trip and I would really like to go back and spend some more time there. Also some of the photos near the end I borrowed from Nika. If you would like to see some more pictures of europe adventures check out her photo blog: http://nikaphotoblog.tumblr.com.
She's a fantastic photographer! 






















































No comments:

Post a Comment